Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Choices

It's been quite a quite a long time since this blog has been active. Oh well! There has been many happenings in my life over the past few months. I've had my fair share of the good & not so pleasant moments. But I think I've been blest by god to always see the blessings before anything else. But I guess even in the crosshairs of blessings & struggles, that in itself becomes a choice on our part. When we are given the choice to decide what we'd like to focus our energy & heart on at that moment. I do believe that each one of us have many blessings in our lives, it's just a matter whether we choose to take the time to allow that blessing to take our breath away as well as whether we allow our hearts to in total awe of god blessing us!

I guess for me, this topic of Choices has constantly been in my mind. The choice to live, choice to praise god, choice to turn to god above anyone else, choice to make that leap of faith, choice to risk it all for someone and many other choices! I come to say that we all have choices! God has blest us with the freedom of choice and he surly hasn't taken away that gift from us. There is absolutely no doubt that we all have choices. But the evil one is cunning enough to try his best to deceive us and make us believe otherwise. But when we come to god in prayer, god reinstates this truth that we have been blest by god with the freedom of choice!

For me too, I've come to recognize this truth in my life. And maybe a greater awareness of this truth has increased! As Jesus chose to die for me, I want to choose to love him! Over the past few months, I have had to make many choices and in some ways, I'm still in the process of making quite a few choices from a range of options. One of the more immediate decisions I have to make is where I'll be studying this July! My discernment officially closes this weekend! In my being, I have made a choice. As in every choice, there will be pros & cons! But I guess what is the biggest difference about the state I'm in regarding this decision is that I am making this decision based on what I truly want at the core of my being! God has very wonderfully purified my reasons whether it's in relation to staying in Singapore or going to Aussie. And this is a discernment that I will never regret! It's also a discernment that has brought me through almost everything. The struggles, the joys, the heartaches & ect. But praise god I've finally come to a decision! Some may have expected my decision to be what it is but I'm sure there will be some that may be surprised! It brings me great peace to know that I make this decision for me!

And I guess the defining point came one night in the adoration room when god spoke out unto me in the silence, "Mark, my son, the will of god lies in what you truly desire in the very core of your being! Do not be afraid that you will make a wrong decision because you will make the right decision when you do it for you!" There have also been other blessings in my life. Over the past month, I have been blest to try again at a friendship that I had honestly lost all hope in for over a year. But yet again, our time isn't God's time and god really knows best! I've truly missed this friendship so much that I really wonder how I've gone through life over the past year without this friendship! But now that god has restored this friendship, I just wanna praise & thank you and also cherish each moment I have in this friendship! I guess that's another lesson I've learnt in my discernment, which is to never take anything or anyone for granted because you really never know when the person may be taken away from you! So now I just wanna cherish all I have in my life, especially this friendship!

We all have choices in this life. I have made a few decisions at this point in my life and I am sure about these choices because I know who I am & what I truly desire at the core of my very being! Lord Jesus, I just wanna thank & praise you for always walking with me and always granting me a hope in you that never fails! I love you, Jesus! My friends, may you see the blessings and find & discover the core of your being! It's a real joy! :)

God bless you! :)

No comments: